25 June, 2007

To Mexico


My one true love,

Today I suggested we flee to Mexico together, robbing a bank or convenience store on our path to freedom and happiness. You didn't seem too appalled by this notion, instead revealing your ignorance of proper bank-robbing technique, a shortcoming that I unfortunately share. What struck me most was your willing tone, half-joking-half-serious, that made me feel as if you were packing you bag and finding your keys, as if you were ready for the whole splendid adventure to begin. I think that's one reason why I love you so much: you buy into my visions, my ridiculous whims. I tell myself it's because you don't want me to feel silly, but secretly I believe I know why you do it. You know you belong there. You know you're supposed to be driving the getaway car southwest, watching the sun drag the darkness over our heads like a wool blanket. You know you're supposed to fall asleep in the passenger seat, holding my hand as I keep us going. You know you're supposed to hold me tight as we sit on the beach and wait for the stars to come out, kissing as we spot them, one by one. You know you belong with me. Even when I didn't know it, you did. So I'll keep thinking silly thoughts and you'll keep being perfect and we'll keep being in love, until I have nothing left that is solely my own.

Forever yours,
David

4 comments:

dot said...

Love letters? Presh! The kids are indeed driving me crazy. I really think I'm about to have a breakdown. We should have playtime again soon...after I recover from insanity, perhaps?

Princess in Galoshes said...

BEST love letter I've read in a long time. Can I give you my fiance's e-mail for some tips? ;-)

Great blog!

Anonymous said...

I wish someone felt that way about me...

Anonymous said...

so beautiful...

 
Relationship Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory