27 June, 2007

Across the Sea


Dearest one,

Across the street and over the guardrail and beyond the cliffs and through the waves and out, out, into the wide gape of the ocean, I watched you leave me. Fighting the breeze, my kiss lingered, swirling around my head before descending into the sea-spray to chase you. I’ll never know if it reached your lips; I turned around before it really had a chance, abandoning it the same way I felt you had me.

Across the miles of open sea, but now in a different form, I send you another. Because, as much as I want to, I can’t tell my lips to control their yearning for yours. I can’t tell my hands to cease remembering the smoothness of your skin. I can’t make my ears leave the sound of your voice outside.

I hope you’ve found safe harbor, as you will always be mine.

With love from land,
L
San Francisco, California

2 comments:

Lime said...

I think this is a wonderful idea. :) I love reading them... perhaps I'll get around to writing one myself.

Anonymous said...

This is really beautiful

 
Relationship Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory